Motivational Interviewing Skills to Support Vulnerable Adults is the final unit of this qualification. ‘This unit explores the core conditions (Rogers, 1962) needed to build trust during social prescribing sessions..
After this unit, learners will:
- Understand the principles of motivational interviewing
- Be able to give an overview of motivational interviewing as a counselling approach and explain the difference between intrinsic and extrinsic motivation
- Explain the importance of the developing a collaborative relationship between Link worker and client
- Demonstrate empathic listening skills with client
- Explain the importance of body language and physical cues
- Understand the appropriate use of probes, questions and challenges.