Length of Course: 1 month
Live sessions: 3 x 2 hour live sessions
Pre-recorded sessions: 2-3
Assessments: Activities on our Virtual Learning Environment and written assessment
Level 3 Credits: 3
This unit will define the term micro-commissioning, examining how micro-commissioning can benefit, and be applied
to, a variety of areas, including individuals and service delivery.
This unit will track the process of implementing micro-commissioning, and key actors involved in this process. By
exploring the outcomes of effective micro-commissioning this unit will also analyse the impact of micro-commissioning
on the individual, the community and service delivery.
After this unit, learners will:
- Understand the principles and objectives of micro commissioning
- Understand the implementation of micro commissioning describing the process of applying micro-commissioning to
- Understand localised commissioning
- Understand the interdependencies between the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector and social
prescribing service delivery
- Explain the impact of effective micro-commissioning on individuals, the community and service delivery.
- Confidence that SP would be a great platform to lead/ deliver micro- commissioning
- Confidence to set up and run a scheme
- Better understanding which may benefit career progression
- Why is it needed and what is the impact?
- Why processed are in place – applications, constitutions etc
- What resources are needing
- Where SP/ we fit in – key role.