Length of Course: 1 month
Live sessions: 3 x 2 hour live sessions
Pre-recorded sessions: 2-3
Assessments: Activities on our Virtual Learning Environment and written assessment
Level 3 Credits: 3
This unit investigates the infrastructure and demographics of communities, including the networks within.
The composition of communities will be studied, highlighting the inequalities and cultural changes within communities
and how this understanding can be incorporated into social prescribing.
After this unit, learners will:
- Understand inequalities which may exist in communities
- Understand the culture of communities
- Understand the role of social prescribing for communities
- Understand the composition of communities, including;
- The infrastructure of communities
- The demographics of communities
- The support networks available to communities.
- Understanding/ knowing your own communities demographics
- Better understanding of what makes communities i.e. religions, values, farming