This unit will explore the different aspects of supervision, including the factors affecting supervision. These factors include the importance of confidentiality, and the conditions of when this may need to be broken, alongside the basic principles of safeguarding.
This unit will also cover the forms of supervision that are available, understanding the differences between these forms and the value of discussion and feedback in relation to supervision.
After this unit, learners will:
- Understand the boundary, ethical and confidentiality issues
- Understand the different forms of supervision available
- Understand the differences between group and one-to-one supervision
- Know own personal development needs regarding supervision
- Know the value of discussion and feedback in supervision
- Understand ‘Reflective Practice’.